Start date: TBD
Compensation: TBD, based on experience
Location: Downtown Toronto
Work Arrangements available: Contract (project based); Part-time or Full-time opportunities
WHO WE ARE
Young Associates is a full service bookkeeping and data management firm offering a range of bookkeeping, business management, list maintenance, prospect research, training, and consulting services to arts and other charitable organizations. Young Associates partners with clients to unify their records keeping and management functions into processes that result in sound decision making, well-supported by accurate and timely reports. Young Associates is a growing and dynamic organization offering services to over 100 clients in the GTA.
Senior Associate’s deliver full cycle bookkeeping / accounting services for a variety of clients, in compliance with all federal, provincial and municipal tax regulations and with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Senior Associate provides annual financial management and audit review management for designated clients. Senior Associate’s provide mentor support/training to assigned Associates and work collaboratively with clients, third party contacts (including Auditors) and Young Associate staff/management to meet financial requirements of the position.
Specific tasks include: full cycle bookkeeping activities including payroll and other reconciliations; filing payroll, HST and T3010 returns; assists in the preparation of Annual operating budget, ensuring effectiveness of chart of accounts and alignment to budget for assigned clients. Prepares applicable analyzes of financial documents/ and schedules throughout the year and reviews the records in preparation for audit; works with clients, auditors to finalize the year’s financial statements. Provides technical expertise on special projects on an ad hoc basis. Mentors and develops assigned Associates by reviewing work quality to Young Associates standards / protocols and provides technical knowledge, coaching and support to Associates in the execution of day to day activities.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum of 5 years full cycle accounting experience including preparing and maintaining accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the Not for Profit or Charity sector.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Basic Accounting/Bookkeeping practices and Sage 50/Simply Accounting or QuickBooks; and database/accounting systems mandatory.
- Advanced working knowledge required regarding CRA rules of practice as it relates to HST, Payroll/Income Tax and Charities particulars.
- Demonstrated strength in analytical skills, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strength in interpersonal skills required
- Diploma or degree in Business/Accounting, Bookkeeping or related finance field
- Enrollment in CGA, CMA, CA is an advantage
Working at Young Associates allows you to challenge yourself every day. Our culture advocates work/life balance, continuous learning and opportunities to support positive community engagement.
Feed your passion, get inspired and grow with us!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com; please note Senior Associate in subject heading. Young Associates thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.