Start date: TBD
Compensation: TBD, based on experience
Location: Downtown Toronto
Work Arrangements available: Temporary (project based); Part-time and Full-time opportunities
WHO WE ARE
Young Associates is a full service bookkeeping and data management firm offering a range of bookkeeping, business management, list maintenance, prospect research, training, and consulting services to arts and other charitable organizations. Young Associates partners with clients to unify their records keeping and management functions into processes that result in sound decision making, well-supported by accurate and timely reports. Young Associates is a growing and dynamic organization offering services to over 100 clients in the GTA.
Associates work within a standardized framework, to provide and maintain clients’ bookkeeping records and to support good financial management by analysing and reconciling accounts and producing reports for both internal and external needs. No two days are alike, client work is varied but primarily located within the GTA.
Specific tasks include processing accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll; preparing bank, payroll and other reconciliations; filing payroll, HST and T3010 returns; analysing accounts and posting adjustments as needed; maintaining analytical schedules throughout the year and reviewing the records preparatory to audit; working with the auditor to finalize the year’s financial statements; and maintaining supporting documentation.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum of 3 years accounting or bookkeeping experience including preparing and maintaining accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the Not for Profit or Charity sector.
- Strong working knowledge of computerized accounting systems including Excel, QuickBooks and/or Sage50 mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess financial issues and prepare effective client focused solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and concurrent tasks to meet deadlines with ease and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service competencies.
- A diploma or certificate in accounting, finance or business is an advantage
Working at Young Associates allows you to challenge yourself every day. Our culture advocates work/life balance, continuous learning and opportunities to support positive community engagement.
Feed your passion, get inspired and grow with us!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; please note Associate in subject heading. Young Associates thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.